| || || || |
Polyphony: The Bulletin of the Multicultural History Society of Ontario
Selected issues are now online.
A rich collection of articles at the Magic Assembly site. The articles cover a range of topics, from the experiences of various ethnic groups in Canada, to issues of multicultural education and racism.
Special Issue of Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science on Ethnic Relations in a Multicultural Society, July 1996
Multicultural and Multi-ethnic Societies
A discussion paper from UNESCO on the problems arising from diverse societies and approaches to solving them.
The Myth of the Melting Pot, by William Booth, Washington Post, Feb. 22, 1998
Standards: An International Journal of Multicultural Studies
Multicultuarl Book Review Homepage
Multicultural and History Resources on the Web
Sites in Canada
- Integration-Net, a bilingual Web site developed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) as a communications and research tool to meet the needs of the settlement community. The Research Resource Division for Refugees (RRDR) is responsible for
maintaining and updating the site.
Canadian Cultural Resources
Canadian History Resources
Other Multicultural Education Resources on the Net
- The Multicultural Pavilion . A rich site, located at the University of Virginia, that explore various aspects of multicultural education and provides links to various resouces.
- Multicultural Alliance
- The United Nations CyberSchoolBus: Educational Resources for Students and Teachers
- For Teachers, Provided by The United Nations High Commisioner for Refugees, this site provides some lesson plans and ideas on how refugee issues can be taught within various subjects. The value of "Refugee Studies" is that refugee themes can help children understand fundamental issues in history, geography or education for citizenship; and they can bring an unexpectedly poignant and imaginative approach to teaching of language, literature or art."
- Seeds of Change Garden . This site provides a set of interesting activities for children centered on food crops from around the world.
- PBS ONLINE Celebrates Black History Month - Related Sites
- History/Social Studies Web Site for K-12 Teachers
- Resources for Diversity
- The WWW V-Lib: Migration and Ethnic Relations / Complete List of Resources
- AskAsia A K-12 Asian and Asian American studies resource for students and teachers.This informative site has cultural information, games, lesson plans and activities, links to relevant people, places, and institutions.
- Smithsonian Center for Folklife Program and Cultural Studies (CFPCS): Educational Offerings
Information on upcoming and current materials that can be ordered. Generally several offerings on different cultures.
- Celebrating Our Nation's Diversity From the U.S. Census Bureau, a teaching aid with materials and lesson plans; elementary and junior/senior high editions.
- Interracial Voice, a networking newsjournal serving the mixed-race/interracial community in cyberspace
Canadian Human Rights Commission
International Day for The Elimination of Racial Discrimination - Canada's commitment on March 21, 1996.
Report on Racism
Final Report of the Commission on Systemic Racism in the Ontario Criminal Justice System, December 1995.
Canadian organizations to consult on race relations.
Community organizations in Toronto to consult on cultural and anti-racist issues.
Urban Alliance on Race Relations, located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Artists against Racism
Ethnicity, Racism and the Media Programme
A global forum using e-mail for discussion, information dissemination and research collaboration on issues of racism, ethnicity and the media. Located at the University of Bradford (UK) Department of Social and Economic Studies.
Race, Law and Justice: the Rehnquist Court and the American Dilemma.Conference transcript from the American University Law Review.
Diversity of Cultures around the world
International and Multicultural Links
Ethnologue: Languages of the World